Micah Parsons is being traded from the Dallas Cowboys to the Green Bay Packers

The Micah Parsons saga in Dallas is over. 

Now, as first reported by ESPN, the All-Pro pass rusher is being traded to the Green Bay Packers, who have already agreed to sign him to a four-year, $188 million contract.

The Cowboys are reportedly landing defensive tackle Kenny Clark and two-first round picks in the deal. Daily Mail has reached out to both teams for confirmation. 

According to reports, Parsons will receive $62million in the first year of his new deal and $136 million guaranteed – figures which both represent records for non-quarterbacks.

Parsons, who has not been participating in training camp as he’s cited back issues, was said to be traveling for another opinion on the injury when he was seen flying out of Dallas-Fort Worth airport on Wednesday. 

Now, though, the Penn State product and decorated linebacker improves a Packers defense that already ranked sixth in points allowed and fifth in yardage allowed last season. 

Micah Parsons is being traded from the Dallas Cowboys to the Green Bay Packers

Micah Parsons is being traded from the Dallas Cowboys to the Green Bay Packers

Reacting to the news on X, Parsons posted a montage of his time in Dallas – with the video ending with footage of legendary Packers pass-rusher Reggie White.

He then said in a statement that it was ‘more than a dream’ and ‘destiny’ to play for the Cowboys. 

However, he said that ‘not everything was in my control’ as his time in Dallas came to an end after four seasons.

‘From the moment I arrived in Dallas, you embraced me and my family as your own,’ he wrote. ‘You made a kid from the east coast feel right at home in Texas. Every time I pulled up to work, every time I stepped on the field, I felt the weight and pride of representing you. You didn’t just give me a jersey, you gave me a place to belong.

‘I never wanted this chapter to end, but not everything was in my control. My heart has always been here, and it still is. Through it all, I never made any demands. I never asked for anything more than fairness. I only asked that the person I trust to negotiate my contract be part of the process.’

Parsons previously said that the Cowboys were not involving his agent, David Mulugheta, in contract negotiations – something owner and general manager Jerry Jones didn’t deny.

‘My experience has been the agent is not the one that solves the problems you have when you’re executing what you said you would do in the contract,’ Jones previously told reporters. ‘So I like to deal directly with the player when it’s of this nature.’ 

For his part, Jones also accused Mulugheta of deliberately sabotaging the negotiations.

Jones said last week: ‘We had our agreements on term, amount, guarantees and everything. We were gonna send it over to the agent. 

‘The agent said, ‘Don’t bother because we’ve got all that to negotiate.’ Well, I’d already negotiated that. I’d already moved off my mark on several areas.

‘The issue, very frankly, is we’ve had the negotiation in my mind. The agent is trying to get his nose in it and trying to come in there and improve off what we’ve already said.’

In his previous statement in which he announced his desire to be traded, Parsons acknowledged that he and Jones had discussed his contract, but said he didn’t believe it was a ‘formal negotiation.’ 

On Thursday, Parsons added that it was a ‘sad day, but not a bitter one.’

‘I’ll never forget the joy of draft night, the adrenaline of running out of the tunnel, or the brotherhood I shared with my teammates, coaches and the staff who prepared me for every single game. Those memories are mine forever.’

Parsons added that he’ll continue living in Texas in the offseason and ‘giving back to the community.’

”Thank you Cowboys Nation, for every cheer, every moment and every ounce of love you showed me,’ he concluded. ‘Wearing the star has been the honor of my life.’ 

Before his new deal kicks in, Parsons is currently set to make $21million in 2025 via his fifth-year option with the Cowboys. 

Only four players have topped his mark of 52.5 sacks since he entered the league in 2021.

MORE TO FOLLOW… 

You May Also Like

Speaker Johnson pressed to investigate whether President Biden was pressured by Democrats to step aside with 25th Amendment threat

House Speaker Mike Johnson is being pressured to investigate whether Democrats threatened…

Chloe Bailey Reveals How She’s Caught Past Partners Cheating

Chloe Bailey is getting candid about how she’s handled infidelity from past…

With No Shame Left to Lose, MSNBC Interviews Michael Avenatti From Prison Because Orange Man Bad – RedState

We truly live in the most absurd timeline, and that was proven…

Barcelona boss calls Jude Bellingham ‘disrespectful’ after red card for dissent

Your support helps us to tell the story From reproductive rights to…