TSA says PreCheck ‘remains operational’ after DHS said it was ending program during shutdown

The popular TSA PreCheck program will continue to function at U.S. airports during the partial government shutdown, officials announced on Sunday, despite the Trump administration previously saying the expedited check-in program would be paused.

“At this time, TSA PreCheck remains operational with no change for the traveling public,” the Transportation Security Administration wrote in a statement on X. “As staffing constraints arise, TSA will evaluate on a case by case basis and adjust operations accordingly.”

Earlier Sunday, the Department of Homeland Security said the program would be paused, citing “emergency measures to preserve limited funds” during the shutdown and a need to “refocus Department personnel on the majority of travelers.”

The Independent has contacted DHS and the TSA for information on what prompted the apparent change.

Other government travel programs and services remain paused, including Global Entry processing and courtesy escorts for members of Congress and their families, according to DHS.

Chris Sununu, CEO of the industry group Airlines for America, argued in a statement that travelers are being “used as a political football amid another government shutdown.”

“The announcement was issued with extremely short notice to travelers, giving them little time to plan accordingly, which is especially troubling at this time of record air travel,” he wrote.

“It’s past time for Congress to get to the table and get a deal done that ensures TSA can fully operate and their frontline employees can be paid for the important work they do to keep our skies secure.”

This is a breaking news story and will be updated with new information.

You May Also Like

6 Attorneys Who Signed Arctic Frost Subpoenas No Longer At DOJ

In the latest document dump related to the Biden Justice Department’s fishing…

D.C. Will NOT Be a Sanctuary City During Police Federalization: Homan.

WE ARE 100% INDEPENDENT AND READER-FUNDED. FOR A GUARANTEED AD-FREE EXPERIENCE AND…

World War III will start with simultaneous Xi and Putin invasions taking the globe to the brink of Armageddon, warns NATO chief Mark Rutte

NATO chief Mark Rutte has chillingly warned that World War III will…

Kanye West sued for ‘forced labor,’ employees were called ‘new slaves’

By Isabelle Stanley For Dailymail.Com Published: 17:07 EDT, 30 June 2024 |…