Ana Bogdan is a versatile Romanian professional tennis player who peaked at No. 59 in the WTA rankings in June 2018. She had a successful junior career, reaching world No. 2 on 5th January 2009. She won her first ITF tournament of the year in Grado by defeating Susanne Celik in the final in May 2016. She reached the second round of the main draw at the US Open, matching her result from 2016, but was defeated in three sets by Monica Niculescu. Additionally, Ana is also active in social media as she has gained more than 32.7K followers with 675 posts on her Instagram account.
What is Ana Bogdan Famous For?
- Being a Romanian professional tennis player.
- For peaking at No. 59 in the WTA rankings in June 2018.
What Nationality is Ana Bogdan?
Ana Bogdan took birth on 25th November 1992 in Sinaia, Romania. She holds Romanian nationality and she belongs to the Romanian-white ethnicity. Likewise, her religion is Christian and her race is white. Ana’s present age is 29 which she celebrated back in 2021 and as per her birth date, her zodiac sign is Sagittarius. She is the daughter of Ioan Bogdan (father) and Monica Bogdan (mother). She has one sibling a sister named Ioana Bogdan.
Ana Bogdan Tennis Career
- Ana Bogdan conceived her career by winning her first ITF tournament of the year in Grado by defeating Susanne Celik in the final in May 2016 after which she qualified for the Bank of the West Classic in July 2016.
- She then won her first-round match against Asia Muhammad before losing to Alison Riske in three sets in the second round and reached her first WTA Tour semifinal, defeating former world number 1 at her next tournament at Brasil Tennis Cup.
- At the US Open Ana made it out of qualifying and defeated her countrywoman, Sorana Cirstea, in the first round which was her first main draw Grand Slam match win.
- She reached the main draw through qualifying but was defeated in straight sets in the first round by Elena Vesnina at the Australian Open.
- As well, she took part in the main draw of the French Open and Wimbledon for the first time in her career, winning her first-round match at Wimbledon against Duan Yingying in straight sets.
- Bogdan reached the second round of the main draw at the US Open, matching her result from 2016, but was defeated in three sets by Monica Niculescu.
- Bogdan reaches her best career result at a Grand Slam, reaching the third round, upsetting 11th-seeded Kristina Mladenovic in straight sets in her first-round match.
- However, she failed to qualify for the main stages at the Australian Open at the beginning of the new season 2020 as well as she lost in the final qualifying round, against Ann Li.
- She had two match points in the second set but lost the match in three sets. Ana also defeated world No. 38, Veronika Kudermetova, while playing for Romania in Fed Cup.
Who is Ana Bogdan Dating?
Ana Bogdan is an unmarried lady. She is in a romantic relationship with Romanian-Italian rally driver Simone Tempestini as of 2020. They are having a blissful life sharing lots of love with each other and they are very less likely to get separated. Furthermore, talking about Ana’s sexual orientation, she is straight.
What is the Net Worth of Ana Bogdan?
Ana Bogdan is among those few individuals that have such a wide range of experience and remains true to whatever she embarks on. She has a net worth of between $1 million to $5 million as of 2022 whereas she has also a handsome amount of salary which is around 128.2K € per year. In addition, her major source of income is her tennis player career.
How tall is Ana Bogdan?
Ana Bogdan is 1.71 m tall and her body weighs around 59 kg. She has light brown hair and dark brown eyes color. Her body build type is athletic. Moreover, Ana tested positive for COVID-19 in November 2020.