Tim Tszyu is a highly successful Australian professional boxer, currently ranked No.1 in Australia for light-middleweight by BoxRec. He is widely recognized as one of the most promising young boxers in the country, having already held the Australian light-middleweight title in 2019 and the WBO interim light-middleweight title since 2023 as per BoxRec. Tim comes from a family of boxing champions, with his father, Kostya Tszyu, being a former light-welterweight world champion. His older brother, Nikita Tszyu, is also a professional boxer, making boxing a family tradition. He is currently dating his long-time girlfriend, Alexandra Constantine.
In addition to his impressive achievements in the ring, Tim has also gained recognition for his talent beyond boxing. His portrait by Ksenija Hrnjak was a finalist for the prestigious Archibald Prize in 2022, further cementing his status as a rising star in the world of sports and beyond. In December 2016, Tszyu marked his entry into the professional boxing world with a victory over Zorran Cassidy at the Sydney Cricket Ground, winning by a unanimous decision. With his talent, drive, and dedication to his craft, Tim Tszyu is sure to continue making waves in the world of boxing and beyond. He is nicknamed “The Soul Taker” by his fans and followers.
Who are Tim Tszyu’s Parents?
Tim Tszyu was born on 2nd November 1994 in Sydney, Australia making him the nationality of Australian. His ethnicity is Mixed as his father is of ethnic Russian, Korean, and Mongolian descent and his mother is of ethnic Russian descent. He was born to Russian parents. He celebrated his 28th birthday in 2022. Tim Konstantinovich Tszyu is the real name of this boxer. His dad, Kostya, is a former undisputed light-welterweight champion who was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame in 2011. While his mother’s name is Natasha Anikina. His younger brother, Nikita, is also a professional boxer. He also has a younger sister namely Anastasis Tszyu. Tim’s interest in sports began when he was six years old and enrolled in gymnastics, but he later switched to association football at the age of 10. He was selected to play for multiple local representative teams but lost interest in the sport when he temporarily relocated to Moscow with his family at the age of 13. Upon returning to Sydney, he decided to quit football and began pursuing a career in boxing at the age of 15.
For his education, Tim attended St George Christian School and Newington College during his teenage years and enrolled in a business degree at the University of Technology Sydney after high school graduation. He had an amateur boxing record of 33–1 before turning professional in 2016 at the age of 22.
How was the career of Tim Tszyu?
- His first professional boxing fight was against Zorran Cassidy after being away from the sport for four years due to a hand injury. In his professional debut in December 2016 when he defeated Zorran Cassidy by unanimous decision (UD) at the Sydney Cricket Ground. Next, he won the WBC-ABCO Continental light-middleweight title in his seventh bout, with a UD over Wade Ryan.
- He won the WBC-ABCO Continental light-middleweight title in his seventh bout, with a UD over Wade Ryan. After then, he defeated former WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn via eighth-round corner stoppage at the Queensland Country Bank Stadium on 26th August 2020.
- On 31st March 2021, Tszyu, ranked #9 by The Ring, #1 by the WBO, #3 by the IBF, #7 by the WBA, and #11 by the WBC fought Dennis Hogan who was ranked #10 by the WBC. Tszyu beat Hogan via a fifth-round TKO.
- Tszyu’s next fight was against Steve Spark. He fought and defeated Steve via a third-round TKO. Likewise, he fought and defeated a very resilient Takeshi Inoue, with a convincing unanimous decision win, winning on all three scorecards, 120-107, 120-107, and 119-108.
- In his next bout, Tszyu defeated 2012 Olympian Terrell Gausha in his first fight in America at The Armory in Minneapolis. After suffering a first-round knockdown, he recovered and dominated from the 2nd round to win convincingly by unanimous decision, 114-113, 116-111, and 115-112. It was announced on 22nd January 2023 stating that Tim Tszyu will be taking on former WBC 154-lb champion Tony Harrison for the interim WBO junior middleweight title on 12 March in Australia. He won the fight by 9th round TKO.
- In his professional boxing record, Tim Tszyu has 22 wins with no losses, including 16 wins by knockout and 6 wins by decision.
Titles and Achievements
- WBC-ABCO Continental light-middleweight title
- WBA Oceania interim light-middleweight title
- Australian light-middleweight title
- IBF Australasian light-middleweight title
- WBO Global light-middleweight title
- Commonwealth light-middleweight title
- WBO Asia Pacific light-middleweight title
- WBO Interim Junior Middleweight World Champion
Who is Tim Tszyu’s Girlfriend?
Tim Tszyu is currently in a happy and committed relationship with his girlfriend, Alexandra Constantine. They have been together since 2016, and their love bond seems to be growing stronger with each passing day. Although Tim is not married, he has found a loving partner in Alexandra, and they are enjoying their life together.
As far as his sexual orientation is concerned, Tim is straight. He has not been involved in any controversy or rumor regarding his personal life and seems to keep his relationship with Alexandra private. Nonetheless, it is clear that they have a strong connection, and Tim is lucky to have such a supportive partner by his side as he continues to make strides in his boxing career.
How much is Tim Tszyu’s net worth?
As a successful professional boxer, Tim Tszyu’s net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2023. He earns a substantial salary from his professional boxing career, receiving thousands of dollars for each fight he competes in. In addition to his boxing earnings, he also earns money through sponsorships, which pay him a significant amount. It is reported that he has earned around $2 million from boxing fights to date, according to sources.
Tim enjoys a luxurious lifestyle with his career earnings, which allow him to indulge in his passions and enjoy the finer things in life. His primary source of wealth comes from his successful boxing career, which has earned him a reputation as one of Australia’s most promising young boxers. Despite his financial success, Tim remains grounded and satisfied with his earnings, focusing on his passion for boxing and his desire to continue to improve his skills and achieve even greater success in the future.
How tall is Tim Tszyu?
Tim Tszyu, the Australian boxer, is not only known for his impressive boxing skills but also for his athletic body type and handsome appearance. He stands at a height of 5 ft 9 in (175 cm) and weighs 153 ½ lbs (69 KG). His toned physique and athletic build are a testament to his commitment to staying fit and healthy. He maintains his body by doing regular exercise and hitting the gym frequently.
Tim’s dark brown hair is short-cropped and side-parted, complementing his light brown eyes and affable smile. He often sports a light stubble, which adds to his ruggedly handsome appearance. He is food-conscious and takes great care of his body, which reflects in his healthy appearance. Overall, Tim Tszyu’s physical appearance is a perfect complement to his impressive boxing skills, making him a well-rounded athlete both inside and outside the ring.