A Hollywood producer facing murder charges in connection with the drug overdose death of a Los Angeles model has been charged with sexual assault in a different case, and Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón fears that there are more victims out there.
On Tuesday, Gascón announced during a press conference that David Pearce has been formally charged with the murder of a model and her friend, who both overdosed on drugs. He’s also facing additional sexual assault charges stunning from unrelated cases.
George Gascón added that there could be more victims.
“We knew that this was going to be a lengthy investigation, and we started with the charges we knew that we could prove,” Gascón said. “Those had to do with the using and the administration of drugs.”
“The LAPD did a lot of work here as well as our prosecuting team because we knew that they were murders and we wanted to prove that, and that is the reason why the outstanding charges have been confirmed.”
As CrimeOnline reported previously, Christy Giles, 24, was abandoned on the sidewalk at Southern California Hospital in Culver City on November 13, 2021, and died soon after.
Two hours later, her friend Hilda Marcela Cabrales-Arzola, an interior designer, was left at Kaiser West Los Angeles; she died on November 24, 2021. In both instances, three men in face masks were seen leaving the bodies at the hospitals and driving away in a vehicle without license plates.
Tests later detected multiple drugs in both women, including cocaine, ketamine, fentanyl, MDMA, and gamma-hydroxybutyrate acid (GHB), known as the “date rape drug,” according to Fox Los Angeles.
The deaths were ruled homicides. In addition to charging Pearce, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office charged Brandt Osborn, a 42-year-old actor, with accessory to the murders.
A third man, Michael Ansbach, was initially arrested on suspicion of being an accessory in the deaths, but prosecutors thus far have not charged him.
Pearce was hit with several new sexual assault charges after multiple women reportedly came forward and said they were abused by him. The alleged incidents occurred between August 2010 to November 2021, and included at least seven women, the New York Post reports.
“During the process, we made public that we were looking for other victims, and have seven additional victims that have come forward,” Pearce said. “They date through a period of 13 years.”
Pearce remains behind bars in lieu of a $3.4 million bond amount. His preliminary hearing has been scheduled for July 11.
Check back for updates.
For the latest true crime and justice news, subscribe to the ‘Crime Stories with Nancy Grace’ podcast.
Join Nancy Grace for her new online video series designed to help you protect what you love most — your children.
[Feature Photo: Christy Giles/Instagram]