Netflix dropped the romantic drama See You on Venus on Nov. 17, and as expected, it’s already ranked on the streamer’s top 10 movie list. As of Nov. 20, it’s ranked at the No. 9 spot, meaning tons of people are streaming it.
It’s a movie from Voltage Pictures, the same company that brought us the smash hit After film series. Like many other movies these days, it’s based on a book. It was adapted from the heartwrenching book of the same name by Victoria Vinuesa.
Directed by Joaquín Llamas from a screenplay written by Vinuesa, the story follows two misfit American teens named Mia and Kyle who embark on a journey to Spain in search of Mia’s biological mother. But while on their journey, they find themselves falling for one another.
If you’re looking forward to watching this heartfelt movie, I’m sure you want to know who’s in the cast. No worries! We shared a cast and character guide to who plays who in the film right below.
Virginia Gardner as Mia
Mia is an 18-year-old orphan who moved around a lot when she was younger. She’s now reached a turning point in her life where she’s ready to find her biological mother. In a chance encounter, she meets Kyle, and he decides to accompany her on her journey to track down her mother.
While watching See You on Venus, you might start to ask yourself where you’ve seen Gardner before. Well, many people know her from her previous role as Karolina Dean in the Hulu superhero series Runaways. She also played the role of Vicky in the 2018 slasher film Halloween. Her most recent roles include Shiloh Hunter in the survival thriller flick Fall and Abby Abernathy in the romantic drama Beautiful Disaster.
Here are some fun facts about Virginia Gardner below.
- Birthday: April 18, 1995
- Age: 28 years old
- Zodiac sign: Aries
- Where is she from? Sacramento, California
- Social media: Instagram
- After watching the drama film I Am Sam, Gardner began to have a desire to act.
- Gardner is not just a talented actress. She’s also good at sports. She has a black belt in taekwondo.
- She’s currently married to Jed Elliott, the bassist of The Struts.
- We’ll see Gardner next in the sequel film to Beautiful Disaster called Beautiful Wedding.
Alex Aiono as Kyle
Kyle is a troubled teen boy who is still reeling from the car accident he was in that took the life of his best friend. But when he meets Mia, he finally begins to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
You might recognize Aiono from his previous role as Ioane in the Netflix family adventure film Finding ʻOhana. He also had a recurring role on the short-lived Disney+ series Doogie Kameāloha, M.D. as Walter Taumata. His most recent role besides his role in See You on Venus was his role as Shawn Noble in the teen drama series Pretty Little Liars: Original Sin.
Check out these quick facts about Alex Aiono.
- Birthday: Feb. 16, 1996
- Age: 27 years old
- Zodiac sign: Aquarius
- Where is he from? Phoenix, Arizona
- Social media: Instagram
- Aiono is not only a gifted actor but also an amazing singer and record producer. You can check out many of his song covers on his YouTube channel, which has over 5 million subscribers. He also released his first album titled The Gospel at 23 in July 2020.
- He’s reportedly 5 feet 10 inches tall, making him an inch over the average height for a male in the United States.
- He’s of European American, Samoan, and Māori descent.
- He previously dated YouTuber, Meg DeAngelis. Also, he’s believed to have dated a woman named Madison Mehrdad as well.
Here’s more of the cast and who they play:
- Rob Estes as Connor
- Veronica del Cerro as Lisa
- Alex Astort-Fabra as Josh
- Marjorie E. Glantz as Miss Rothswell
You can catch Virginia Gardner, Alex Aiono, and the rest of the cast in See You on Venus, streaming now on Netflix.