ITV is set to launch a new series called Cooking With The Stars.
It is thought that the culinary series will see celebrities paired with professional chefs and it is already being referred to it as the ‘Strictly of food shows’, reports The Sun.
New show: ITV is set to launch show Cooking With The Stars after The X Factor and Britain’s Got Talent were postponed amid the pandemic (The X Factor judges and host pictured in 2017)
A source said: ‘[ITV has] seen the success Bake Off has had on Channel 4 and the BBC before that, and also of Mary Berry’s Best Home Cook on the Beeb and think there’s something they can put together.
‘Cookery programmes are a staple of television planning but ITV want to give it a glitzy, shiny floor twist.
‘Celebrity participants will be paired up with the best of the culinary world in pairs, like Strictly, and they will fight it out for the crown.’
The source continued that a cooking show could help ITV as they are without both The X Factor or Britain’s Got Talent this year.
Cooking up success: A source said the broadcaster has seen the success of other cooking shows and wants to try its own format (pictured Mary Berry with Claudia Winkleman, Dan Doherty and Chris Bavin on 2018 episode of show Celebrity Best Home Cook)
Cooking With The Stars it is thought to be slated for the late summer or early autumn time, however no air date has been officially confirmed yet.
It is set to be shown on ITV and ITV Hub and is thought to be being made by production firm South Shore, who also did Don’t Rock The Boat.
The X Factor was halted in 2020 when coronavirus hit, rendering it impossible to produce the show, which involves mass gatherings for open public auditions.
And the show’s longtime host Dermot O’Leary dashed fans’ hopes of the show returning in 2021 when he revealed he’s ‘no idea’ when the series will resume.
Some time to go! The X Factor host Dermot O’Leary also dashed fans hopes of the hit singing show returning this year when he said he thinks it’ll be 2022 at the earliest
The presenter, 47, revealed he thinks it will be 2022 at the earliest during an appearance on Sunday Brunch in December.
Asked whether he has spoken about it to show boss Simon Cowell Dermot said: ‘We’ve been in touch.’
Simon, 61, is recovering after undergoing surgery after breaking his back in a terrifying electric bike accident back in August.
His injuries saw him sit out of the resumed 2020 series of Britain’s Got Talent after it returned following England’s first lockdown.
And in January it was revealed that Britain’s Got Talent 2021 has been cancelled as the ongoing pandemic continues to wreak havoc.
The hit ITV talent show had already been postponed due to safety concerns and the restrictions brought about by tier systems and lockdowns.
But after several weeks of speculation, it has now been confirmed that the show will now not return to screens until 2022.
Bosses of the show said that despite the efforts of the teams at ITV, Thames and head judge Simon Cowell’s Syco, they were forced to call plans off.
They said: ‘With our absolute priority of safeguarding the well-being and health of every person involved in the programme from judges, hosts and contestants to all of the crew and audience, the decision has been made to – unfortunately – move the record and broadcast of the 15th series of Britain’s Got Talent to 2022.
‘BGT is known for its diversity of talent with big dance groups, wonderful choirs and lavish orchestras at its heart, and it has become clear that not only is it not possible to film auditions with these types of acts in a secure way but also that they are not able to adequately rehearse and prepare safely.
‘Safety has to come first and, as a result, the recording of the show can’t currently go ahead as planned.’
No longer on hold: Cancelled: Britain’s Got Talent 2021 has been cancelled amid the COVID-19 pandemic (pictured judges David Walliams, Amanda Holden, Simon Cowell and Alesha Dixon)
Source: Daily Mail