Jesse Palmer is a Canadian TV personality, sports commentator, actor as well as a former football who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL) for five seasons in the early 2000s. He played college football for the University of Florida, and then, he was chosen by the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL) in the fourth round (125th overall pick) of the 2001 NFL Draft where he played for four seasons from the year 2001 to 2005 for the team. Then, he was drafted by the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL) 15th overall in the 2001 CFL Draft. He has also played for the team, San Francisco 49ers in 2005. He retired from the CFL before the start of the 2007 season to pursue a broadcasting career. He was also featured in the fifth season of the reality television series “The Bachelor” in 2004, and also the first non-American bachelor to be featured on the show. Additionally, he also appeared on the NFL Network as an analyst and commentator for the weekend’s NFL Draft. He then joined ESPN in 2007 and worked for ESPN as a studio analyst on College Football Live and ABC telecasts, and frequently appeared with fellow Canadian John Saunders until 2017. Moreover, he guest-starred in the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit season 7 episode “Design”. As of now, he is hosting “The Ultimate Surfer” for ABC and previously hosted the network’s reality series “The Proposal”, which was created by “The Bachelor” boss Mike Fleiss. As of now, Palmer is officially signed on for Season 26 of “The Bachelor”, which will air in 2022.
Jesse Palmer Named New Host of ‘The Bachelor’ Season 26
Jesse Palmer has been named the new host of the hit dating show “The Bachelor”. Previously, Palmer, a television broadcaster and former NFL quarterback, starred as “The Bachelor” himself in Season 5, which aired in 2004. He is currently hosting ABC’s summer series “The Ultimate Surfer,” and he previously hosted the network’s reality series “The Proposal” in 2018, which was created by “The Bachelor” boss Mike Fleiss. He has also hosted ABC’s Disney Parks’ holiday specials and ABC’s presentation of the NFL Draft. As of now, Palmer is officially signed on for Season 26 of “The Bachelor”, which will air in 2022. Along with the news that he’ll be hosting “The Bachelor” Season 26, he has also signed an extension to will continue his studio role with the network during the 2021-2022 college football season. “For more than 20 years, The Bachelor has brought the world dozens of unforgettable love stories, including at one time, my own,” says Palmer in a statement. “Falling in love is one of life’s greatest gifts, and I am humbled by the opportunity to return to the show as host this season to offer the newest Bachelor advice gained from firsthand experience and I am grateful to play a small part in his journey.”
What is Jesse Palmer Famous For?
- Being a TV personality, sports commentator, actor as well as a former footballer.
- For his appearance in the TV series “The Bachelor” in 2004.
Where is Jesse Palmer From? Know About His Age, Family, Education
Jesse Palmer was born on 5th October 1978 with the birth name of Jesse James Palmer. His place of birth is in Toronto, Canada. He was raised in Nepean, Ontario, a suburb of Ottawa. He was born to his father, Bill Palmer who was a football player for the Ottawa Rough Riders, and his mother, Susan Palmer who was a co-founder of Barrett Palmer Models and former owner of the original ITM International Top Models, a modeling agency and training center located in Ottawa. In addition, he also has a sibling; a brother namely Billy Palmer who was also a print model who modeled for different agencies. He celebrated his 42nd birthday as of 2020. He holds Canadian nationality and his ethnic background is Canadian-White. His race is White. Libra is his Zodiac sign and he follows the Christianity religion.
About Jesse Palmer’s educational qualification, he completed his high school at St. Pliu X High School in Ottawa. Then, he attended the University of Florida in Gainesville, Florida, where he played for coach Steve Spurrier’s Florida Gators football team from 1997 to 2000. He was selected as one of the team captains and received the Gators’ Fergie Ferguson Award, recognizing the “senior football player who displays outstanding leadership, character and courage” during his senior year. He then finished his four-year college career with 3,755 passing years. In the year 2001, he graduated with a bachelor of arts in political science from the College of Liberal Arts and Science while he also got a Bachelor’s Degree in Science in Marketing from the College of Business Administration.
Jesse Palmer Career Timeline
- Jesse Palmer was initially chosen by the New York Giants of the National Football League (NFL) in the fourth round (125th overall pick) of the 2001 NFL Draft. He played four seasons for the team (2001-2005).
- He was the second Canadian (after Mark Rypien of the Washington Redskins) to start at quarterback in the NFL. He was cut on 3rd September 2005 by the Giants.
- Then, he was drafted by the Montreal Alouettes of the Canadian Football League (CFL) 15th overall in the 2001 CFL Draft.
- He also worked out with the Minnesota Vikings and Oakland Raiders and was signed by the San Francisco 49ers on November 1, 2005. He was re-signed by the 49ers in March 2006 during the off-season but was later released on August 29, 2006.
- The Montreal Alouettes then signed him to their developmental roster on 11th September 2006.
- He retired from the CFL before the start of the 2007 season to pursue a broadcasting career.
Television and Broadcasting Career
- Jesse Palmer became the first professional athlete and first non-American Bachelor to appear on the TV show, “The Bachelor” in 2004 where he went out with 25 girls and out of them, he gave the final rose to Jessica Bowlin Rawi.
- During the show, he selected Jessica Bowlin. But their courtship lasted for only a few months after the end of the show.
- He was a color commentator for Fox for two games late in the 2005 season and returned to the booth on 26th November 2006.
- He also appeared on the NFL Network as an analyst and commentator for the weekend’s NFL Draft on 25th April 2007.
- On 24th May 2007, he announced his retirement from the Canadian Football League to pursue a broadcasting career with Fox.
- He then joined ESPN in the year 2007.
- He worked for ESPN as a studio analyst on College Football Live and ABC telecasts and frequently appeared with fellow Canadian John Saunders until 2017.
- He is a game analyst on ESPN Thursday Night College football games. He also co-hosted on The Palmer and Pollack show on ESPNU with former Georgia defensive end, David Pollack.
- On 12th March 2014, ESPN named Palmer and Brent Musburger as the lead game announcers for the forthcoming SEC Network.
- He is also a New York correspondent for CTV’s entertainment news program, “eTalk” where he covered both sports and entertainment events, including the Super Bowl and the 79th and 80th Academy Awards.
- He was a studio analyst for ESPN’s broadcast of the 2012 Cotton Bowl in Dallas, Texas, the 2010 Fiesta Bowl in Glendale, Arizona, and the 2009 Rose Bowl game in Pasadena, California.
- He is also an NFL analyst for TSN’s “Monday Morning Quarterback” segment.
- He guest-starred in the “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” season 7 episode “Design,” portraying professional baseball player Don Lacey.
- He hosted the first two seasons of the food competition show “Recipe to Riches” on Food Network Canada.
- On 19th May 2015, he joined Good Morning America as a “Special Contributor” and left the position in August 2017, to host the newly launched “DailyMailTV”.
- He has also hosted “Spring Baking Championship” and “Holiday Baking Championship” on Food Network.
- On 14th August 2020, the producers of DailyMailTV announced that Palmer was being replaced as host for the show’s fourth season by Thomas Roberts.
- Palmer will continue his studio role for ESPN during the 2021-2022 college football season, the network announced Tuesday.
- He is currently hosting “The Ultimate Surfer” for ABC and previously hosted the network’s reality series “The Proposal”, which was created by “The Bachelor” boss Mike Fleiss.
Awards and Achievements
- SEC Championship (2000)
Jesse Palmer Girlfriend and Dating History: Who is Jesse engaged to?
Jesse Palmer is not married yet and he is still to get married. At present, he is currently engaged to Emely Fardo. By profession, Emely Fardo is a Brazilian model and photographer. They got engaged on 8th July 2019 in Reims, France. The duo is planning to engaged soon. Jesse and Emely reportedly met in 2017, before he popped the question in 2019. There is speculation that the pair have already tied the knot in private, as Jesse began wearing what appeared to be a wedding band in Summer 2021. Emely also called the former football player her husband in an Instagram caption on July 16, 2021, writing: “La dolce vita by my insta husband.” As of today, the happily engaged couple is enjoying their life a lot without any disturbances. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Back then, he dated 25 beautiful ladies through the show, ‘The Bachelor’. From the 25 girls, he chose to give his final rose to a law student and model, Jessica Bowling. Later, the couple broke up after being in a relationship for a month.
Jesse Palmer Net Worth and Earnings: How much does he make?
Jesse Palmer is a television personality, sports commentator, actor, and former professional football player who has played for big teams in NFL and CFL. The net worth of Jesse Palmer is estimated to have $8 Million as of 2021. He also has a collection of cars including the Toyota Celica. In September 2018, he began doing commercials as a spokesman for retail furniture chain Rooms To Go. His present exact salary details are still to get disclosed yet. His main source of wealth comes from his broadcasting career and he is living a standard lifestyle as of today. Previously, he signed a seven-figure, multi-year contract to stay with ESPN.
How tall is Jesse Palmer?
Jesse Palmer is a cool and handsome guy who stands tall at the perfect height of 6 feet 2 inches or 1.88 m. His balanced and well-maintained body weight consists of 99 kg. He has a pair of blue eyes and he has a brown hair color. He has a glowing face with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him.
Source: Gossip Gist