Kevin Costner is undoubtedly one of the prominent personalities having his career established in the film industry as an actor, filmmaker, musician, and songwriter. Having his career started in 1974, he got his breakthrough with his starring roles in “The Untouchables” and “No Way Out” becoming the biggest movie star at the time.
Being the biggest movie star in Hollywood he has won several awards like Academy Awards, Golden Globe Awards, a Primetime Emmy Award, and Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Other of his film credits include; “Bull Durham”, “Field of Dreams”, “Dances with Wolves”. His recent role includes the hit TV series, “Yellowstone” alongside which he also has been focused on his singing career with his country-rock band, “Kevin Cosner and the Modern West”.
For his contribution, he has been honored with several titles including the “Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement”(1992) and was even inducted into the “Hall of Great Western Performers”(2019).
What is Kevin Costner famous for?
- Famous as actor and film director and producer.
- Known for his lead role in movies, “Silverado” and “The Untouchables”.
Where is Kevin Costner from?
Kevin Costner was born on January 18, 1955, in California, United States. His birth name is Kevin Michael Costner. His nationality is American. Costner belongs to the White ethnicity while Capricon is his zodiac sign.
Being born to his father, William Costner who worked as an electrician, and her mother, Sharon Rae who worked as a welfare worker, he has German, English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh ancestry. Costner, being the youngest in the family has two older brothers.
In his early childhood, he attended Mt. Whitney High School but as he moved to the orange country, he studied at Villa Park High School in 1973. Since his childhood, he was directed more towards sports, music, poetry rather than academics in his school. Costner graduated from California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), taking his major in marketing and finance.
Kevin Costner’s career Highlights
- Costner’s interest in acting and dancing rose during the last months of his college days.
- He made his first film debut with Sizzle Beach, U.S.A. but due to less documentation his first debut is regarded to be “The Touch”.
- He also made an appearance in the film, “Night Shift” and a commercial for Apple Lisa and Table for Five in 1983.
- He got cast in the film including “The Big Chill”, “Fandango”, “Testament”, “American Flyers” and “Silverado”.
- His recognition and fame increased in the year 1987 when he worked in the movie, “The Untouchables” and “No Way Out”.
- He also played the role in the hit movies, “Bull Durham”(1988) and “Field of Dreams”(1989).
- His career as a director started in 1990 when he founded the production company, “Tag Productions”.
- The company has produced films such as “Dances with Wolves”, “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves”, the Oliver Stone-directed “JFK”, “The Bodyguard” and “A Perfect World”.
- In 2000, he released the film, “Thirteen days”.
- He also played a supporting role in the film, “The Upside of Anger”, for which he won the award San Francisco Film Critics Circle Award for Best Supporting Actor.
- “The Guardian” and “Mr. Brooks” were some other movies in which he played the role of a serial killer.
- After his production house changed to Tree House film in 2008, he played the main lead in the movie, “Swing Vote”.
- In 2010, he played in the film, “The Company Men”.
- He starred in the three-part miniseries, “Hatfield’s & McCoy”.
- With his successful movies, he has been able to receive Oscars in 1991 as best picture and director for the movie “Dances with Wolves”.
- In 2014, he appeared in movies such as “3 days to kill”, “Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit” and “Black and White”.
- In 2015 he starred in the drama McFarland, USA, and in 2016 he played in the film hidden figures.
- In 2017 he starred in the movie, “Molly’s Game”.
- He played a role on the hit TV series, “Yellowstone” in 2018.
- In 2019 he played in the film, “The Art of Racing in the Rain”.
- Besides, he is a singer and is a member of the country-rock band, “Modern West”.
- Releasing their first album as “Untold Truth in 2008 they gained much more popularity.
- Another release was turned in in 2010 and from where I stand in 2011.
- In 2012, the band released the song Famous for Killing Each Other: Music from and Inspired by Hatfield’s & McCoy’s.
- The band also put on the tracks “alive in the city “in 2014 and “love shine” in 2017.
- He also has written some books including “The Explorer’s Guild: A Passage to Shambhala”.
Kevin Costner’s personal life: Who is he Married to?
As soon as he graduated he married Cindy Silva in 1975 with whom he has three children; Annie, Lily, and Joe. After the couple’s divorce in 1994, He was in a relationship with socialite Bridget Rooney with whom he has a son named Liam.
Costner is happily married to Christine Baumgartner since 2004. They have three children together; Cayden Wyatt, Hayes Logan, and Grace Avery. Kevin always loved all of his seven children more than his movies and was a good father to all of them.
Apart, he is inclined towards politics as he was seen campaigning for Barack Obama in the 2008 election. Along with that on December 22, 2019, he endorsed Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg at a rally.
He also owns “Ocean Therapy Solutions”, a company that develops centrifuges to separate oil from water. He also opened Midnight Star Casino and Restaurant in Deadwood, S.D. in 1991.
- 1992 – Golden Plate Award of the American Academy of Achievement
- 2000 – World of Little League Museum Hall of Excellence
- 2003 – The Hollywood Walk of Fame, 6807 Hollywood Boulevard, August 11, 2003, Motion Pictures
- 2019 – Hall of Great Western Performers at the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Academy awards
- Golden Globe Awards
- Primetime Emmy Awards
- Screen Actors Guild Awards
- Directors Guild of America Awards
- Golden Raspberry Awards
- Japan Academy Prize
- Jupiter award
- National Board of Review
- Palm Springs International Film Festival
- San Francisco Film Critics Circle
Kevin Costner’s Net worth
Being an actor, director, and producer, Costner has surely managed to make big bucks probably making him a multi-millionaire. His net worth is estimated to be $250 Million.
Having played hit films at peak of his career, he was also the highest-paid actor in the world. He also earned a huge amount of profits from his business. Also as a singer from his band, he has released various albums and earned fame and name. With all these talents and success, Costner is no doubt living a lavish life.
Kevin Costner’s Height and Weight
Being an actor, he has a great body with a fit physical structure. The actor’s height is 6 ft (1.85 m) and his body weight is around 79 kg (174 pounds). this good-looking star has grey eyes and grey hair color with his attractive physical characteristics, he is also regarded as the most sexual and handsome man on the planet.
Source: Gossip Gist