Eric Bailly is reportedly seeking assurances over his Manchester United future with the defender left ‘angry’ after being snubbed by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer for the Red Devils’ defeat at Leicester City.
United have kept just one clean sheet all season, with defensive chaos at the heart of last Sunday’s 5-0 thrashing at the hands of Liverpool that has left Solskjaer’s job hanging in the balance.
The Red Devils have conceded nine goals in their last two league fixtures, having shipped four away at Leicester in a 4-2 defeat to the Foxes.
Defender Eric Bailly is reportedly seeking assurances about his future at Manchester United
And according to The Sun, Bailly wants assurances from the club over his future and is understood to be feeling ‘angry’ about being overlooked by Solskjaer.
Namely, the Norwegian’s decision to rush captain Harry Maguire back from injury for the game at the King Power instead of calling on Bailly is said to have disappointed the Ivorian.
Bailly, 27, signed a new contract in April and having made just one appearance in the Carabao Cup this season, has been left to wonder why United encouraged him to put pen to paper on the contract extension.
Bailly (R) was reportedly ‘angry’ after being snubbed for Harry Maguire (L) against Leicester
He has been left to wonder why United encouraged him to sign a new contract earlier this year
Maguire’s form since returning to the starting XI has been woeful, with under-par displays leaving fans concerned that the England international has not fully recovered from his calf injury.
Pressure is building on Solskjaer following their humiliating showing against Liverpool at Old Trafford.
The Norwegian is preparing the team for Saturday’s trip to Tottenham amid a backdrop of intense scrutiny and some members of his squad questioning whether the slide can be halted under his management.
Solskjaer took training at Carrington on Tuesday for the first time since the defeat to Liverpool, a display labelled ‘embarrassing’ by senior players.
Pressure is mounting on Ole Gunnar Solskjaer following a dismal run of performances
United chiefs are said to be mulling over Solskjaer’s position ahead of three crucial games
Sportsmail understands that United — who gave Solskjaer a new three-year contract over the summer — were planning to review the 48-year-old’s position in December.
The galling surrender at Old Trafford last weekend has, however, accelerated that process. Board-level talks between co-chairman Joel Glazer, Ed Woodward and managing director Richard Arnold took place on Monday.
United had not been prepared for such a dire run of results, with Solskjaer’s side losing five of their last nine games.
Solskjaer now faces three huge games — Tottenham, a Champions League clash at Atalanta and then the derby against Pep Guardiola’s Manchester City — that look likely to determine his prospects.
Source: Daily Mail