Saturday, July 24, 2021

One confirmed dead in Wall house fire, officials say

Must Read


WALL — One resident has been confirmed dead in Wednesday’s fire on Belmar Boulevard, officials said. 

The victim was found in the home and transported to a local hospital where they were pronounced dead about 4:20 p.m., Monmouth County Prosecutor’s Office spokesman Chris Swendemen said. 

The Prosecutor’s Office has not released additional details about the victim. 

Wall Police and fire officials declined to comment on the incident, referring questions to the prosecutor’s office. 

Dozens of firefighters responded to the home after a fire broke out on the second floor around 3 p.m. yesterday. 


More: ‘He would rush into fires’: Freehold Township firefighter has spent 50 years volunteering

The second alarm blaze prompted a major response from fire companies throughout southeastern Monmouth County.

Nicolas Fernandes is the early morning breaking news reporter. A lifelong New Jersey resident, he has previously worked as a features writer and sports reporter. Contact him at 732-540-4401 or [email protected]

Source: Asbury Park



LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest News

Boyfriend of Esther Dingley says mountain pass where bones were found was ‘within her capabilities’ 

The boyfriend of missing British hiker Esther Dingley said the mountain pass where bones have been found was an...

More Articles Like This