Warning: Graphic content.
Fox News’s Bill Melugin reported Sunday that the teen driver who received a light sentence after his drug-fueled car attack on a mother and her baby was on parole and was actually violating it at the time of the attack.
THREAD (1/4) A 16 y/o hit & run driver in a stolen car who ran over a mom & child in Venice was sentenced on Friday to 5-7 months in juvie camp. LA DA @GeorgeGascon office tells me this was an “appropriate resolution”, but I’ve learned he has a prior criminal history. @FoxNews pic.twitter.com/HupMw9KRFu
— Bill Melugin (@BillFOXLA) June 5, 2022
Per multiple law enforcement sources, the juvie was on probation, & violating it, at the time of this hit & run, and he had been previously convicted of felony poisoning after he spiked a teen girl’s drink at Palmdale high school in 2019. She was hospitalized.
This is no teen angel who made a bad choice. He poisoned a so girl badly she had to be hospitalized, and now has run over two innocent victims who are incredibly lucky to be alive. This is a dangerous psychopath who should be behind bars.
This new revelation is sure to provoke further outrage.
On Saturday RedState reported that soft on crime LA County District Attorney George Gascon pursued light charges against the suspect, even though there is horrific video of the event and the testimony of multiple eyewitnesses. And although Gascon describes the mother’s injuries as a mere “laceration to her elbow,” they were actually quite gruesome. The only reason she and her baby are alive is because of her incredible quick thinking and bravery.
The teen was ordered to serve a mere 5-7 months in a “probation camp” and will have his record expunged when he turns 18. Incredibly, probation camp is described as “an alternative sentence less severe than juvenile detention.” This attacker didn’t even rate juvenile detention?
Melugin also said he spoke with the mother Sunday, identified only as Rachel, and that she was “unaware of his criminal history, or that he was on probation when the hit & run took place. She is furious about the light sentence and how this case was handled.”
In a statement to Fox, she said:
Someone with a criminal record tried to kill me and my son, and George Gascon thinks that five months of camp is a sufficient punishment. Gascon’s office took the time to falsely comment on my case, but has taken no time to ask how we’re doing. That’s because he doesn’t care. Gascon and his staff are highlighting their incompetence and their compete disregard for viticms.
In our previous reporting, we have shown how awful Gascon’s soft on crime policies have been for LA, how he even told falsehoods about this case (saying untruthfully that Sherriff Alex Villanueva supported the light charges, when he most certainly did not), how crime has gone through the roof as perps know they can get away with just about anything, how Gascon robotically shows zero compassion for the victims, and how Gascon is currently the subject of a serious recall effort.
This new information shines an even darker light on how far Gascon will go to protect criminals.
Related: Gascon’s LA: Teen Who Mowed Down Mother and Baby Gets Only 5 months in ‘Probation Camp’