Billionaire Adrian Portelli (pictured) has taken to social media to announce that filming on Channel Seven 's My Reno Rules has finally been completed

Billionaire Adrian Portelli has taken to social media to announce that filming on Channel Seven’s My Reno Rules has finally been completed.

The show, which has been dogged with production problems for months, has been promoted by the high-flying entrepreneur as a rival to The Block.

Portelli, who is a sponsor on the show, posted a photo of himself alongside one of his luxury sports cars parked in a suburban street like the one used in the show.

In the Instagram snap, the former Block buyer wears a T-shirt, shorts and work boots.

‘We’re not here to take part. We’re here to take over,’ Portelli said in the caption, which is clearly a dig at The Block.  

‘Filming for My Reno Rules has officially been completed! I cannot wait until this airs on Channel Seven.’

Billionaire Adrian Portelli (pictured) has taken to social media to announce that filming on Channel Seven 's My Reno Rules has finally been completed

Billionaire Adrian Portelli (pictured) has taken to social media to announce that filming on Channel Seven ‘s My Reno Rules has finally been completed

It comes after insiders revealed to Daily Mail that chaos surrounded My Reno Rules for months.

The show, produced by MasterChef creators Endemol Shine, is set to rival Channel Nine’s The Block and will feature four teams of renovators competing on two neighbouring rundown houses in Melbourne.

Just weeks after the show was announced, a builder walked off the set, and there are whispers about whether Portelli will take an on-screen role after he announced he was going to be part of the show.

Known as ‘Mr Lambo’, Portelli, 36, has continually used social media to promote himself as one of the ‘faces’ of the series.

But insiders close to the troubled production have told Daily Mail that Portelli’s profile behind the scenes is nearly invisible.

According to a statement released by Seven last month, part of Portelli’s role will be to ‘manage’ the show’s ‘live prize draw’.

However, despite reports of his ‘hands-on’ role, a close source told Daily Mail they have yet to see any evidence of it.

My Reno Rules will be hosted by Dr. Chris Brown and insiders say he will be handling the role of MRR’s anchor ‘solo’.

It comes after insiders revealed to Daily Mail that chaos surrounded My Reno Rules for months

It comes after insiders revealed to Daily Mail that chaos surrounded My Reno Rules for months 

Pictured: My Reno Rules host Chris Brown

Pictured: My Reno Rules host Chris Brown

Meanwhile, property titles reveal that it was Portelli who snapped up two old suburban homes in Melbourne’s Bulleen, 15km from the CBD, for My Reno Rules.

The two homes, worth a total of $2.7 million, were purchased through Portelli’s company Xclusive Tech Pty Ltd, and were ‘donated’ to the show.

‘That’s Portelli’s role so far – sponsor,’ the insider told Daily Mail, adding that the filming is yet to start at the Bulleen site because the original builder ‘walked’.

The show, which was due to start shooting on September 26, fell seven weeks behind schedule as a result.

The insider added that an earlier report seen in the media saying that the show’s homes were not ‘TV-ready’ is false.

‘The real issue is that the production was searching for a new builder to take over,’ they continued.

Another source familiar with the production site in Bulleen confirmed the original builder exited after there was a ‘disagreement over payment’.

When Daily Mail approached Portelli, and Seven for comment, a spokesperson confirmed My Reno Rules would start construction later in the year.

Portelli officially turned his back on Channel Nine’s The Block in July this year.

The entrepreneur, who spent millions of dollars snapping up houses over the last three seasons of the show, shared a post to social media revealing he was leaving the series for good.

You May Also Like

Kurt Schlichter — Republicans must fight back on Abortion.

Send to Email Address Your Name Your Email Address Cancel Post was…

Who will be Kamala Harris’ VP pick? The candidates who could join the ticket now that Biden has dropped out

President Biden dropping out of the presidential race with less than four…

Pictured: All the girls killed after Texas floods ravaged Camp Mystic

At least five girls were killed and several missing after devastating flash floods…

Awkward moment Kamala Harris gets stuck stuttering same phrase when her teleprompter appears to glitch at Michigan rally

Kamala Harris was left repeating the same phrase after her teleprompter appeared…