Trump said he was 'very sad' about Andrew's arrest before going on to praise King Charles

Donald Trump said he was ‘very sad’ to see Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

The ex-prince was arrested on his 66th birthday after British police raided his luxurious estate in Sandringham on Thursday.

Speaking to reporters on Air Force One, Trump said: ‘I think it’s a shame. I think it’s very sad. I think it’s so bad for the royal family. It’s very, very sad. To me, it’s a very sad thing.’

The President praised King Charles III as a fantastic person ‘who’s obviously coming to our country very soon.’

Trump also claimed he was ‘totally exonerated’ after the release of the Epstein documents. Following Andrew’s arrest, Trump has faced mounting pressure over the lack of arrests in the US connected to Epstein.

Andrew faced renewed scrutiny over his relationship with deceased pedophile Jeffrey Epstein after the Justice Department released three million documents related to the financier last month.

A photograph of Andrew lying on the floor with a young woman emerged as part of the DOJ’s Epstein document release.

Andrew was released from custody on Thursday evening after spending nearly the entire day in police custody. He became the first senior royal to be arrested in modern times.

Trump said he was 'very sad' about Andrew's arrest before going on to praise King Charles

Trump said he was ‘very sad’ about Andrew’s arrest before going on to praise King Charles

Andrew appeared terrified after being released from police custody on Thursday evening

Andrew appeared terrified after being released from police custody on Thursday evening 

A photograph of Andrew lying on the floor with a young woman emerged as part of the DOJ¿s Epstein document release last month

A photograph of Andrew lying on the floor with a young woman emerged as part of the DOJ’s Epstein document release last month

Charles and his heir Prince William are expected to visit the US in late April as the royal family faces their most troubling scandal since the death of Princess Diana.

The former prince looked shellshocked as he slouched in the back of a car leaving Aylsham police station in Norfolk shortly after 7pm.

In a statement released minutes after Andrew’s departure, British police authorities said ‘a man in his sixties’ has been released but is under investigation. 

A spokesperson for Thames Valley Police noted that authorities had finished conducting a search in Norfolk near Andrew’s new residence, Wood Farm. 

The former Duke of York was reportedly arrested over allegations he passed sensitive information to Epstein while acting as a trade envoy for the British government. 

The King was not given any prior warning of Andrew’s arrest, it emerged today, although the Daily Mail revealed Home Secretary Shabana Mahmood’s team was informed by a senior officer early this morning.

The monarch said in an unprecedented statement that ‘the law must take its course’ after expressing his ‘deepest concern’ after his younger brother was held on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Charles said: ‘I have learned with the deepest concern the news about Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor and suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Charles and his heir Prince William are expected to visit the US in late April as the royal family faces their most troubling scandal since the death of Princess Diana

Charles and his heir Prince William are expected to visit the US in late April as the royal family faces their most troubling scandal since the death of Princess Diana

Trump has faced mounting pressure over the lack of arrests in the US connected to Epstein

Trump has faced mounting pressure over the lack of arrests in the US connected to Epstein

‘What now follows is the full, fair and proper process by which this issue is investigated in the appropriate manner and by the appropriate authorities. In this, as I have said before, they have our full and wholehearted support and co-operation.

‘Let me state clearly: the law must take its course.

‘As this process continues, it would not be right for me to comment further on this matter. Meanwhile, my family and I will continue in our duty and service to you all’.

You May Also Like

Zuckerberg’s Censorship Role Rebrand Refuted In Facebook Files

Meta CEO Mark Zuckerberg is on a mission to give Facebook’s key…

D.C. Trump Prosecutor Had to Go BACK to College Because His Egyptian Human Rights Degree Didn’t Allow Him to Practice Law.

Microphones caught journalists waiting for Donald Trump to arrive at the E.…

Manchester City slip up again as Brighton send reigning champions into turmoil

Your support helps us to tell the story From reproductive rights to…

Trump trashes ‘nasty’ Michelle Obama and ‘lousy’ Barack for using convention speeches to insult him: ‘I’m trying to be nice to these people’

Donald Trump said Wednesday he was giving up being nice to the…