Nicolas Jackson's loan move to Bayern Munich is now reportedly off after a dramatic U-turn

Nicolas Jackson’s proposed loan move to Bayern Munich is now reportedly off following Liam Delap’s recent injury. 

Delap picked up a hamstring injury in Saturday’s win over Fulham, with boss Enzo Maresca confirming afterwards that the striker is likely to be out of action for around eight weeks.

The Blues had agreed a loan deal with Bayern potentially worth up to £69.2million (€80m) for Jackson, who was given given permission to fly to Bavaria to complete his transfer.

As well as the initial £13m loan fee, Chelsea were set to get a further £56.2m if Bayern decided to exercise their option to make the move permanent next summer. The west London club would have also retained a sell-on fee for the player. 

However, with Delap set to be sidelined for up to two months, Chelsea have decided to keep hold of Jackson, according to The Athletic.

‘When you have two strikers it is enough, when one of them is injured for weeks it is not enough,’ Enzo Maresca said at full time on Saturday.

Nicolas Jackson's loan move to Bayern Munich is now reportedly off after a dramatic U-turn

Nicolas Jackson’s loan move to Bayern Munich is now reportedly off after a dramatic U-turn

Chelsea want to keep attacking depth following Liam Delap's hamstring injury on Saturday

Chelsea want to keep attacking depth following Liam Delap’s hamstring injury on Saturday

‘Today we played for more than one hour with Tyrique and he did brilliant.

‘The last time he played as a No 9 was against Manchester United last year. We tried to use different solutions. 

‘If you remember there were some games where we used Pedro (Neto) as a No 9. But for sure when you have two proper No 9’s it is enough.’

Jackson previously told Chelsea that he wanted to explore his options, as revealed by Daily Mail Sport. 

That saw him left out of their pre-season friendlies and also their opening fixtures in the Premier League.

But now, the Blues will likely turn to the Senegal international as they hope to continue their solid start to the season after the international break.

You May Also Like

David de Gea ‘would welcome a move to Real Betis’ after ‘holding talks with the LaLiga outfit over a potential move’ – despite being linked with a sensational return to Man United just four months after leaving Old Trafford on a free transfer

Real Betis have reportedly held talks with David de Gea over a January…

Inside Nottingham Forest’s ‘cult of Nuno’: How revitalised manager’s bear hugs, ‘fun games’ and a simple set of instructions turned Forest into a force – and the one nagging question he still has to answer

Nuno Espirito Santo is the Premier League manager of the season so…

CELTIC CONFIDENTIAL: Brendan Rodgers risks losing this Euro hero if he keeps ignoring him… PLUS why Perth is being pencilled in for the title party

He sits joint third in this season’s UEFA Conference League scoring charts…

Chelsea ‘hold initial talks over signing Alejandro Garnacho’ as Man United consider the academy graduate’s future – with the Blues also eyeing a Bundesliga talent

Alejandro Garnacho’s future at United is uncertain with several clubs circling  Chelsea…