‘They’re a shambles for letting him leave… he’s their best player!’: Man United have made a huge mistake in allowing Cristiano Ronaldo to move this summer, says Jamie O’Hara – as he insists 37-year-old wants out because he knows he’s on a ‘sinking ship’
- Cristiano Ronaldo has failed to show for Manchester United pre-season training
- The 37-year-old serial winner appears to be engineering an exit this summer
- Jamie O’Hara believes United are a ‘shambles’ for allowing him to leave the club
- He says Ronaldo is their best player and ‘carried them for months’ last season
Manchester United have been labelled a ‘shambles’ for considering the possibility of a Cristiano Ronaldo exit this month, after he ‘carried them’ through last season.
It is a huge summer of change at Old Trafford, with new boss Erik ten Hag taking the reins, and it appears Ronaldo could be heading for the exit door after failing to show for pre-season training this week, citing ‘family reasons’.
TalkSPORT’s Jamie O’Hara has slammed the club for allowing Ronaldo to engineer his potential exit, insisting that the Portugal legend is their ‘best player’.
Cristiano Ronaldo has skipped Manchester United’s pre-season training twice this week
Erik ten Hag (centre) had planned for Ronaldo to be part of his squad but an exit is now looming
Speaking on Tuesday night, he said: ‘Ronaldo was their top scorer last season, stepped up in big moments for the club. He’s left because he can see they’re a sinking ship.
‘They’re a shambles for letting him leave, he’s their best player. How many times has he stepped up? Ronaldo, in those big moments, drags them through.
‘He carried them for months on end… he has earned the right to say, “the future isn’t bright with Manchester United, I want to win trophies.”‘
United players were put through their paces on Monday at pre-season but without Ronaldo
Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes met with Chelsea’s new owner Todd Boehly last month
Jamie O’Hara has labelled United a ‘shambles’ for allowing Ronaldo to engineer an exit
Chelsea appear to be the frontrunners for his signature after new owner Todd Boehly sat down with Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes to discuss a potential deal.
Boehly is looking for a marquee signing in his first transfer window and Ronaldo would certainly fit the bill as the Blues look to close the gap at the top to Manchester City and Liverpool.
Elsewhere, Bayern Munich and Napoli are also keeping a keen eye on his uncertain future, with the former looking for a potential replacement for Robert Lewandowski.