PSG 2-1 Strasbourg: Kylian Mbappe scores last minute winner from the penalty spot after starting just 10 DAYS after World Cup final heartbreak… as Neymar sees red after picking up a second yellow for diving
- PSG defeat Strasbourg to stretch their lead at the top of Ligue 1 to eight points
- Marquinhos headed home from a Neymar free-kick to make the breakthrough
- But the Brazilian defender went from hero to villain with a 51st minute own goal
- Neymar was then sent off in the 62nd minute to leave his side with just 10 men
- Kylian Mbappe sealed the win with a penalty in the dying seconds of the game
Kylian Mbappe rescued PSG after his last minute penalty won them all three points on a night that almost saw them blow the chance to extend their lead at the top of Ligue 1.
Marquinhos had given the hosts the lead in the first half after evading his marker to head home a cross from his compatriot Neymar’s free-kick.
However the Brazilian defender then put the ball into his own net in the 51st minute to give the visitors level-footing in the match after a plucky first half performance, before Neymar was shown a second yellow for diving.
Mbappe won the penalty after being clipped in the box, only for Marquinhos to prod the ball in after the whistle – sparking outrage from the PSG players asking why the goal could not just be given – but Mbappe held his never to seal the win in added time.
Kylian Mbappe rescued all three points for PSG with a last minute penalty against Strasbourg