Canada’s Alimentation Couche-Tard said it remained “highly focused” on pressing ahead with a takeover of Seven & i Holdings, despite a rejection of its near $40bn preliminary offer by the Japanese convenience store giant.

In a statement on Monday morning, Couche-Tard said that it was prepared to enter into “collaborative and friendly discussions” with 7&i for a deal that would, if completed, be the biggest buyout of a Japanese company by a foreign company. 

Shares in 7&i, which have been strongly boosted since Couche-Tard’s offer emerged in mid-August, jumped almost 3 per cent in early Monday trading.

Last week, a 7&i special committee set up to examine the bid had unanimously rejected Couche-Tard’s approach, a proposal it said significantly undervalued the Japanese company. 

Source link

You May Also Like

How Trump’s latest tariffs could make your kitchen renovation even more of an expensive headache

It’s getting increasingly expensive and burdensome for homeowners to undertake renovation projects.

AMC on pace for another record-low close, set to extend losing streak

Shares of AMC Entertainment Holdings Inc. are on pace for another record-low…

Forget the ‘Magnificent 7.’ These ‘MAGA 7’ stocks have soared since Trump’s election.

These are the stocks that have reacted the most to Donald Trump’s…

Opinion: Cha-ching! Trump makes $4 billion from his 2024 campaign for president.

A very liberal friend messaged me on Friday. She’d just heard the…