Mass Shooting at San Diego Mosque – HotAir

Five people, including two teenage suspects, are dead after a shooting at a mosque in San Diego. So far none of the victims or the suspects have been named.

Scott Wahl, the San Diego police chief, said there is no further threat. He said one security guard, whom he did not name, is among the dead. Wahl said the guard played a “pivotal role” in assisting the immediate response, and that the shooting could’ve been “much worse.”

Wahl did not release any further details on the three individuals killed. Another person, a landscaper, was shot at but was not hit, Wahl said.





Police gave a press briefing in which they explained the situation in a bit more detail. They were called to the mosque and when they arrived found three people down in front of the mosque. They immediately entered the mosque assuming there was a shooter inside. 

Meanwhile, there was another call a few blocks away. That’s where the suspects fired at a landscaper who was not hit. Finally, not much later there was a third call and police found the two teen suspects dead in a car. So it appears they fled the scene and then stopped and killed themselves.

There’s no clear word yet on a motive but police said they were treating it as a hate crime and there are some leaks to the media which suggest that is accurate.

Investigators recovered anti-Islamic writing in the car where the suspects were found dead, according to two law enforcement officials briefed on the matter who requested anonymity because they were not authorized to share details publicly. Before the shooting, one of the two suspects took a firearm from his parents’ house and left a suicide note, the officials said. The words “hate speech” were written on one of the firearms used in the attack.





CNN is now also hearing the same thing. Plus this report adds that the suicide note left behind by one of the suspects had something to do with “racial pride.”

President Trump mentioned that he’d heard about the shooting and received some early information. He called it a terrible situation.

That’s all there is at the moment but I’ll add updates below as more information comes in.


Editor’s Note: The American people overwhelmingly support President Trump’s law and order agenda.

Help us fight back against the Democrats and Soros-backed DAs that refuse to enforce our laws to hold criminals accountable. Join HotAir VIP and use promo code FIGHT to receive 60% off your membership.



You May Also Like

Hailey Bieber’s beloved beauty brand Rhode SLAMMED over $18 lip products that smell like ‘road kill’

Hailey Bieber’s infamous beauty brand Rhode has come under fierce fire from…

Bio And Career Highlights – TVovermind

Image credits: Wikimedia Commons George Clooney May 6, 1961 Lexington, Kentucky, US…

Sandra Lee shares terrifying video of Palisades fire looming by her Malibu home as she evacuates area

Sandra Lee has posted terrifying footage of the Palisades fire looming by…

I finally bought my dream home. But it quickly turned into a nightmare when I made a sinister discovery: ‘You owe your life’

After saving diligently for years, Alaina Scheildel was ecstatic to finally get…